sobota, 10 czerwca 2017

The dearest ❤

Are animals from our stable. Mr. Grey surprised me exceptionally today. He develops a lot all the time, but that was something beautiful 💘
It all started in a very stressful situation. I was going to stable with company of a dark, thundering cloud. It was impossible to tell how it's gonna end- maybe it'll go away, I may be forced to go back in a while or maybe there won't be time for it... Anyway I decided it's important to catch every opportunity to learn something new and well- carpe diem!
So I put everything in my bike to go as fast as we could. I walked into the stable and saw Mr. Grey in his box. I greeted him and collected necessary equipment. Meantime he got so excited he could barely stand. Putting halter on was surprisingly hard, especially 'cause I had to take another one off before.  Mr. Grey wasn't cooperating at all. He was closed alone in the stable all day long, bored to death and it seemed also afraid of the storm. He was jumping all over that box, throwing his head, wriggling, he even pushed me outside the box and tried to escape, but luckily I brought him back inside. My legs we're making it all more difficult cause they started shaking like crazy 😂 I wasn't even so terrified, simply too much adrenaline 😝
Fortunately Juliet came to help me and with her advice I was able to control both the horse and myself. I showed him clearly I am the leader, no walking on me, no pushing and simply passing by 'cause "Jesus Christ, girl I WANT TO GO OUT!!!". He was hit times for walking into my private zone. I found back my confidence that got mislaid for a moment and controlling stallion and slowly also my legs I went out on the paddock.
Mr. Grey immediately started his dance, running to and fro, screaming to other horses. Connecting this with box adventures I was pretty sure it won't be an easy session. I was even thinking about quitting because the storm was coming closer and Bahri was afraid of it. But once we started we couldn't give up so quickly! 
We walked a bit, Mr. Grey ran, lost some energy. I remembered what I learned yesterday and starded establishing my position at sight. I am the Alfa, and the Alfa wants the horse's attention for herself not for other horses. Mr. Grey in such moments needs a strong leader to show him who's the boss and most of all interesting tasks to do. If they are addictive enough he focuses on them and forgets things that distracted him. Yesterday I was afraid to be so firm, but today I did it great! I   got back a thinking horse really quickly and was so proud of myself 😁 Last times we could run like this for over 20 minutes! 💪
I planned to train all 7 games in basic version, because on Monday my classmates come to stable to see what we do 😁
We walked a bit more to let him focus on me and started proper session. He needed a lot of time for Friendly game with savvy string, it wasn't done right yet and he's still afraid. It never can look like that. Things we use are to make our body longer and they are a part of it. We use them to communicate, not to scare horses. Mr. Grey knew that a flying string means he's being asked for something and if he won't do it it's gonna hurt.
This time he had no idea what I mean- my body was relaxed, energy low (time to relax for you too horsey) but the string was demanding- hey horse, move NOW! Poor stallion was really stressed with it all. He knew I want something from him but couldn't guess what's that. I wasn't pushing any part of his body, neither did my energy.
I started with hitting the ground really lightly. I knew I can't go too fast- didn't want to get a scared horse running all around. This would make the right answer harder to find and the whole purpose of this game was for him to find it. He's afraid of ropes in general. He was throwing his head to and fro, not knowing what to do but quickly started lowering it to see what I have in hand. Just like this! Goood boyy! I allowed him to smell, think, chew and he started to catch what I mean. Still wasn't sure but found out it isn't about moving feet. He came down to nervously waving his head.
He came closer and tried to hide behind me- when carrot stick was going away he moved his head in that direction but while it was coming back he was hidding head behind me and hugging 💕
 He was so sweeeet! He likes to walk on people in general but this time he really wanted to hug, needed my suport. I haven't seen Mr. Grey like that before and I'm so happy he's changing this way!
I was hitting the ground harder and harder as far as he got used to it. In a very short time we made such impressive progres! He needs a lot more playing to stop being afraid of equipment at all but we are on the right track and spin along it like a race horse 😁
Then I checked how are other games. Mr. Grey was so good! Often responded to first phase, in one moment he got so responsive only looking was enough to make him do what I wanted. It was wonderful! <3 <3
We practised walking back to a tunel made of tires like yesterday. But there was a difference. We succeed the very first time! Mr. Grey was so sensitive, so obliging. Already understood something from yesterday's session and walked between those tires. And as soon as hind legs were inside it all problems disappeared! And he started standing completely outside, with no walls or other aids 💪
He got a lot of scratching from me :) Yo-yo was really good, he was focused, didn't try to run away. We practised Circling, especially changing directions because it isn't perfect yet. It turned out that I'm learning fast and only a little is missing.
Mr. Grey's biggest problem are Sideways. He can't understand it at all and most of the times it looks like that: I drive his head away, he does it great but too far and ends with hinds next to my face. To move this rump he needs to flex and focus on me but he prefers to eat grass growing under fence😂
Maybe I should start from hinds and then move shoulders... Great idea!
With squeezing was no problem at all, like always.
At some point when Mr. Grey was standing so peacefull and hugging to me Juliet called horses to barn. There was no time to despair lost moment. I knew what's gonna happen and had to react in a flash. I had to influence on him before he got excited. Other way I would completely loose him- he would run to and fro, screaming and trying to run through me.
Same situation happened yesterday so I knew what to do. I started before it all happend and behaved like it already had. This way it took a lot less time.
So what to do when horse is focused only on herd, panics a bit, runs and doesn't listen at all?
Well, first remind him how his herd looks right now and who's the boss. Of course you.
Clear phase four, lot of confidence, higher energy. You need to make the horse busy, it'll help him forget 'bout other horses. Always stubbornly enforce doing the task, other way horse will adjudge he can ignore us. I didn't have to do a lot today, before Mr. Grey even realized what's going on I engaged him in a game. We walked in opposite direction and after just few steps I had a calm horsey.
Although we turned after a while and the whole calmness was gone as soon as he saw other horses but I controlled him well to stay in the right place, not overtake me or walk on me. That was most important and went great. It doesn't mean he was full of tension and throwing his head somewhere above me. It was a waaay better than cantering around and trying to trample me stallion.
Everything is possible to train, he simply needs time. And that was yesterday! He learns with a lightning speed 🔝
I must tell you me too. Because of Mr. Grey I've got such an amazing opportunity to grow! He's a completely different horse than those I've played before. He requires a ton more firmness, confidence, courage, creativity, working on higher energy, in a higher pace- everything I missed. Everything I'm learning so fast, in every session I get something very valuable. Thanks to it just after few meetings I'm a completely different person, deal a way better with challenges, with horses, with being a leader.
Moreover I get so much happiness and love! I could stay in barn all day. Particulary on days like this.
In the end I took Mr. Grey on grass to thank him and then we came back to box.
We planned playing with Pochodnia, chestnut mare too. I went to her box, saddled with a little Julia's hepl (putting all those gels on the right place is complicated) and with her child (a one and a half month girl) we went to the paddock. Before mounting you have to play a bit- at least 7 minutes, one for each game. This way we check in what mood is our partner today, how responds, we can remind them something if there's such a need. Under the watchful eye of Juliet i played with the mare and I'm really happy she was there. July is such a great instructor! She sees every detail, she really cares about her students, wants them to truly understand even if it doesn't work as it should at the beginning. Not to do plained schemes.
Pochodnia is amazing. I've never met such a sensitive and responsive horse. I had to be very carefull with first phase, it was so easy to overact. I was used to Mr. Grey and when i asked her to change directions I picked up stick immidiately and moved in her direction. Ihis would barely make Mr. Grey move but Pochodnia did a pirouette in canter! :oo Oh God. I didn't mean. Sorry...
I was more careful after it. She was sooo good all the time, I admire especially her Sideways, without a wall, with human behind her, to the human, everything! You just think about it and she's already doing it. She's wonderful.
In saddle it wasn't so easy. Still pleasantly but I've ridden Parelli way just few times and have strong habits from classical riding. As if that was not enough they ride her classical way often so natural horsemanship aids aren't working as they should yet. Therefore our ride looked funny sometimes but we stayed inside the arena and did all tasks from Juliet so I think about it as a big success. First of all I was calm. 5th time I'm not afraid of riding. I think I still am stressed a bit and the horse feels it for sure but that's nothing compared to what was going on before! I have no idea how on Earth I didn't fall of every time X'D Now I'm feeling really great on horse's back and want to ride, ride, ride! <3
We practised an exercise called clover. You ride through a square from poles, ride straight to a wall, turn right and make a circle to come back to square from the next side. And again and again.
It was hard to lead her at first especially because I wanted to hold rains classical way. If you tell me it's ok for a moment but then something happens, I have to react and its over! Damn it!😂
Lots of work wait for me but I'm really happy I have such opportunity. At the end it was going really well, we practised other things too, walked around with the child 💕💕
I made a short video but it ends in the most intersting moment 'cause memory was gone :c But there's something!
 Something interesting always happens while 'm playing with horses, so was today. We were on track next to a fence with bushes behind it. We walked there many times and she was completely calm but now suddenly a great fright, horse jumps away, whirs, looks at those bushes like a horrible monster was inside and wriggles like crazy. Juliet of course hat to go out just before that so we left alone with the child. Me like "omg omg!", Pochodnia clearly scared. I had no idea if there's a boar or a snake, 'cause it's quite possible and if we should escape or get off her back. I was conscious my seat won't keep me on during any sudden moves. I really wondered if I should do that, remembering what Pat said- every time you don't feet safe enough get off. But Pochodnia got a little calmer if we weren't too close. I didn't want to go there because I trust the horse- it happened so suddenly and her reaction was so strong and I'm pretty sure she knows what she's doing.
I was afraid od boars but she loves to chase them so it was probably something different. Luckily nothing jumped out that bushes and we finished ride without any troubles. It felt so good to jump off :D I love getting of horses <3 Hah, no, not because I want to get on the ground as fast as possible, its a bit like flying :))
We parked in her box, I helped Juliet with carrying hay and straw (I'll finally learn how to distinguish them! After five years😂😂😂 )and feeding horses.
I left alone with horses. Mr. Grey was more interested in hay so I went to another box to rub the little. God, she so wonderful! She's become such a big girl! And she's sooo lovely! Adult horses may like rubbing but when there's food it looks like "oh just do what ya want human, it's quite nice but HAAAAYYY!". She's not like that. She really needs attention, pampering, playing. She comes close and wants you to stroke her. So I was standing in that box, delighting her amazing soft hair and being really happy she allows me to touch her. Recently she was afraid but now I could hug her from the top and it felt soooo good. Such a warm, soft, tender little creature 💕💕💕
She was funny sometimes 'cause her bottom itched and she found out the car scratch about the door and was bending so silly!
I felt so excellent staying in that barn. Peace, silence, all horses happy and love in the air 💓
I went out so filled with happiness and love! I couldn't stop smiling and wanted to hug every furry being I met. Horses' magic ❤❤❤

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz