piątek, 9 czerwca 2017

Fifty shades of Grey

Today after two weeks of break I visited Bahri Bay. He's injured his leg and stays in box so I expected him to be full of energy and hard to control. But I came there, tooke him out, Juliet groomed his legs and he's completely an other horse! Stands still, barely moves his head like a experienced, older sport horse that knows some activities people do to horses may not be so nice but they have to happen and you need to stand still for a while. Completely not like three years old crazy stallion. Even Juliet was so suprised.
Very glad with it I leaded him to the arena. I've got some instructions- no jumping, one pole if any but better not, trot just a little and under control, light session in general.
Mr. Grey became a bit nervous when he saw other horses and it was hard for him to focus on me, especially because I was trying to take some nice photos 😂
He was wriggling and not paying attention like he should but rolled two times and it was wonderful 💕💕   We played a while and finally connected. I sent him on circle and using just one hand 'cause I was filming with other asked him to trot. Simply adding energy was enough- he did it! Though he's so green and young. I love this horse! And not a crazy trot like always, a very easy, calm one, like a horse-professor. Small steps, relaxed... Wow!
I planned doing all games and maybe not in the right order but I started. We need to practise Porcupine on nose more 'cause he tries to get his head away just like the horse I played with before, Amber. Then by being gentle I convinced him it doesn't have to hurt- if he will try to answer I'll stay in phase one.
Sideways don't look as they should at all- most of the times Mr. Grey's head is far way from me and under the fence, busy eating grass and his hinds are next to my face. Well, lots of work await us, but he's learning really fast, it shouldn't take so long.
Standard squeezing is not a problem at all so I made a tunell from tires. Walking forward through it was too easy so I raised the bar. Backwards. And starting from standing completely outside. I've done sililar things before but the horse was inside first, then I asked him to go out a bit and walk back. This way it is much easier. This time I had a yound, unexperienced horse, which has never done it before and we started outside. He could do what he wanted, there were no walls, no limits. It was great to develop our communication. We needed a precise, working navigation and a lot of trust 'cause a horse sees everything both sides but not right behind. In his eyes it looked like tires were everywhere and I am asking him to walk on them. Because of it he was backing up very nice but when he was very close, turned his rump to one side and I had to start again.
First time he got it very quickly so I praised him a lot. And decided it was too easy so longered the tunel, adding a barrel and some tires. It was also going in an other direction to make it easier a bit. I hoped it won't be a big problem, he did it so well last time but this a way more difficult for him. There were other horses, Mr. Grey's company and two new geldings which he doesn't accept at all so his focus was landing on them quite often.
He was waving his bottom to left and right, not understanding what the hell I want from him. He was responding to my sight! It was great! In Parelli things are not about doing a task they are to improve our communication. Our relationship is always first.
Even if it isn't as we planned it's ok. What counts is to make horse want to cooperate and feel better with us. Like us- Mr. Grey didn't what I asked for but was very responsive and tried really hard so it was a big success. Still I wanted to help him understand so I walked him inside forward and then started to back him up. It was going really well but at some point Juliet went for a short trail ride Horses started running through bushes, calling each other, those who left became fidgety. Mr. Grey was seriously stressed seing that whole confusion. He started trotting like wild from side to side, couldn't focuse on me at all. I can't tell he wasn't listening 'cause eg. driving hinds was perfect but after that short moment he was running in the other direction and I was losing him again.
Lots of running and chasing. Sometimes it was dangerous, 'cause he was trying to run through me when I was between him and the herd. I tried to focus him on me driving his hinds and it was really nice but he was not able to stand still. So I asked him to do Circling to let him run but the way I want it. At the beginning he trotted a half of the cirlce and suddenly spinned to go in other direction! It was ok to let him run, it's a great way to calm down, but not this way. I sent him on a circle and sticked to it. For every try to change directions phase four. We did also drivind from the side in trot. I tried to keep him next to me but sometimes he ran too forward and returned to make crazy half-circles. He was quite calm for a while but then herd that left galloped to join Juliet on trail. And that's the point craziness started. Horses didn't simply run out. They were chasing each other, running, biting, bucking, frolicing and then rushed into bushes next to our paddock. Mr. Grey's gone mad. He nearly trampled me, tried to scare me several times, show me what a big horse he is. Didn't listen at all once he tried to pull out the rope and jerked strongly. Luckily I didn't loose the rope, other way it could end fatal.
There were moments he focused on me and the task and I was really happy then but they never lasted long. I asked him for few more things but then decided it has no sense. I waited for a moment when he was quite calm and we went outside. I took him to the grass for a while but it wasn't like it should 'cause he prefered to go round and pull me into bushes instead of eating 😂
Suddenly I saw Juliet coming back with herd. I was afraid it'll be hard but wasn't so bad. Mr. Grey ran a bit, yes, but was under control. All horses were wet after a bath in the river, little foal too :3
We packed into the box without any problems. From perspective of few days I see it was a big success...

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz