poniedziałek, 12 czerwca 2017

School trip

Today I invited my classmates to stable. I'm doing a project about horses funded by EU and wanted to show them how it all works. I could talk 'bout Parelli for hours and hours, but most of my friends don't work with horses so we just taught them the basics. Me and Mr. Grey (3yo stallion I'm playing with) demonstrated 7 games and I spoke a bit bout horses' nature, way of thinking and point of view.
Mr. Grey was such a good boy today! He wasn't sitting in box like before, he finally could run with the herd on pasture and I was soo happy because of it. 😁. Juliet equipped me with dried bread and a warning it won't be easy to catch him. She told me to feed other horses first to make him jealous and then I may succeed.
And hah you won't believe. I'm going there, he looks at me, rolls, stands up and makes few steps. No running away, no bucking, no freaking out which I was expecting. I simply walked to him, gave him bread, touched and caught on a rope. Then we changed to a rope halter and Parelli rope, cause Juliet expecting troubles told me to first use the halter he already had on his head. This way he would not run away. But he didn't mean it! No problems at all! Such a lovely horse ❤️❤️
We came close to the fence, my school herd gathered on the other side. "Ooooh" "wooow" and "soo pretty!" everywhere 😁 A little stressed started tellig to my dear audience about natural horsemanship, explaining all hows and whys. I introduced to them main goals of Parelli, equipment we use, how the 7 games make the language, which we can use to communicate. Then we started showing everything in practice. I was really proud of Mr. Grey- he's improved really much in Friendly Game with carrot stick- he was just in the place I left him the last time. When we started that time he was really scared of savvy string and now we came to hitting the ground hard, with a quite relaxed horse, which I see as a big success. I was trying to explain our body language as well as i could so they could understand what we were doing. I think I did it well and am really happy cause of it. I've already described all Games on this blog, so I won't type bout details now, if you're interested feel free to explore all posts 😄
As we went along with games pressure was going away from me and I was doing everything more relaxed. I was giving the stallion time to think, wasn't pushing him too much. He was beautifully focused on me, often responded to first phase, trotted, didn't care 'bout surroundings at all, wasn't going crazy, in general he was such a good boyy 💓 When we were done with 7 games I lugged a barrel to the fence to show the real use of games and importance of creativity. You can do Circling around a barrel,  Driving with head or hinds sticked to it, Sideways above the barrel (high school so we didn't try, I'm just giving an idea 😉), jump it, squeeze between the barrel and a fence, million variations! Or you can do as we did- give the barrel to a human, not a horse. I sat on it so I couldn't move and  asked Mr. Grey to do Yo-yo and Circling. With changing directions and pace. And it was great! We were doing it for the very first time! 💪💪💪
We've got a massive applause, everyone was really impresed by my knowledge and Parelli in general. Very proud and happy with our today's partnership I took my stallion outside for grass so the class could stroke him. He still was a good boy- absolutely not the same horse!
Troubles started when I decided to leave him and bring Pochodnia to show my friends her little daugter. Unfortunatelly he found out the fence isn't under voltage and he can walk under. I hoped he won't do it again if I lock the gate better but he did. I've already taken the halter of so I had to catch a loose horse. Once he run away, but second time it was no problem. And people enjoyed watching a cantering horsey 😂
In such a situation I couldn't leave him on the paddock and had to put him into a box. I didn't think it through right. We had to walk next to two geldings. Mr. Grey absolutely can't stand one of them and they argue horribly all the time. I hoped we'll pass somehow but of course he couldn't. He stopped right in front of Impuls. Gelding put his nose on Grey's back, smelling deeply. They stood seemingly calm for a while, but it was a silence before the storm. Tension in the air was tangible- I felt it can explode every moment. I really didn't want it to happen so tried to pull Mr. Grey to me, to make him move just a little, but let's be honest- horses are a way stronger and I couldn't. It happened. Fortunately not as bad as I expected- no rearing, biting or kicking. Bahri just jumped a little, shouted with a characteristic stallion voice, like he was bitten and then I was able to pull him forward. I was really happy, cause he was not making any problems in box, simply decided to be a good boy again and stand still. 😀
I went out to my friends, behaving like nothing happened and with a big smile but still shaking a bit after it all walked on the paddock. Our little foal is becoming nicer and nicer. She's more brave everyday, came to me, smelled, allowed me to touch her. Big success! I wondered if I could put a rope over her body and lead her like that, but decided it may not be a good idea, cause probably no one's tried it and her mother could become worried. So as I planned before, I caught her mom and bring her to the fence. As I expected little one followed us so everybody could see a horsey child. We admired cute fluffy for a long  while 💓
And then came time for another highlight. July let Mr. Grey out and the whole herd started running around and being freaks 😂
All kinds of playful things horses do so people really liked watching it.
The trip was great, I didn't bore them to death, most were really interested and asked me many things, some even wanted to visit stable with me again. They all predicted me a great natural horsemanship career, probably even a Parelli Professional 😂
I hope if some of them one day will work with horses they'll be closer to natural horsemanship. This day  was our big success, especially that Mr. Grey was such a good boy and partner 💘
May there be more days like this!

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz