Last time I told you what the games are for, now it's time for something more important. The truth is it doesn't matter what technique you use if you've got the right attitude, knowledge and understanding. We don't play to make a perfect standing on a pedestal or cantering always on the right leg. We play to develop our relationship, friendship, partnership, trust. To make the horse want to be with us and do many things for us. And to make us feel awesome together.
First thing to always keep it your mind is the horse's well-being. Doesn't matter what other people think, theri advices, their requests. If it's not good for your horse, don't. It's your horse. Yours. Always look for best options, learn all the time. You never can say you know everything. No one can. Even a world champion. Your horse will thank you. New knowledge may be uncomfortable because for example it'll come out that your saddle doesn't fit, wreck your horse's body and hurts a lot. And you have to buy another. So maybe it's better not to know? Judge yourself. Do you want to be responsible for that pain of a animal condemned to you, your whims, do you want it's injuries, degenerations, psychological problems, bad habits, do you want them to be unhappy?
Or maybe you prefer to try harder and give your horse everything they need even if it means loosing some of your pleasure and ignoring other people?
It's important to love your horse. Much and forever. Doesn't matter how they are.
Love is the foundation.
It's the most important one from 3L: Love, Language, Leadership which are basic elements of a good horsemanship. They should be with you all the time.
With Amber, the horse from video for the first year we simply went to the arena to stand there for and hour and hug. I wasn't ready for more then, but it gave us strong foundations returned ten times :D
My doggy taught me to love no matter what. One day when we both were so young we trained jumping. We both loved it but I was a child, getting bored easily. I wanted her to jump higher and higher, not knowing a thing about proper training so I spoiled her health a bit. Poor Nela couldn't jump like before. And I didn't want such a dog. I wanted a young one, healthy athlete. Border Collie. But I've never got it. Nothing happens without a reason. That was what I needed although I wasn't happy at all. In my life appeared horses, lots of books and knowledge. So we changed our training sessions- lots of poles, some low jumps. But finally I understood that's not the way. Dog is more important than my dreams. We stopped jumping. And it suddenly turend out I can enjoy my time with such a dog and do super interesting trainings.
Yesterday we had a very successful one. Trot is the best kind of movement so I want Nela to use it a lot. Because od spine degeneration she often ambles and that's really unhealthy.
I've taught her and can control it using only my voice what gait she uses. We still cant change pace in one gait, but it isn't so important. Nela usually during walks enters her own world and doesn't care about me at all so I'm extremely happy when she cooperates perfectly and with joy. Just like today. Even when she wasn't on leash. I love this fluff most in the world! <3
Never let ambition blind you. Your horse may not have talent, predispositions, preparation, desire, may have a bad day and not be in the mood for jumping of learning complicated evolutions in dressage. Horses also have their good and bad days, personalities and experiences. Some things that others even don't realize can be an unbearable obstacle. Give them time. Don't push. Develop your partnership, friendship and leadership and at some point problem may disappear itself. Take it easy. if not today, tommorow. Two steps instead of twenty? Great! That's how you achieve success!
Playing with horses we should always be positive and calm. Otherwise horse won't trust us and will put himself into the leader position. We have to see ourselves in that role. But not a tyrant one. A leader- friend and partner. It's important to be sure what we do and why. Confidence. Respect for the horse. And then everything works perfectly. And it's beautiful!
If you like what you read (or not) or want to add something comment please. It brings a lot of joy :D
Brak komentarzy:
Prześlij komentarz